Saturday, April 18, 2009

another lonely day

It's been five weeks since my son Ethan was born. I love him with my entire heart and soul. He is growing so fast. It amazes me sometimes when I look at him.

My husband, Matthew is wonderful. I am so blessed to have met him and to be lucky enough that he loves me as much as I do him. He's been watching our son at night so that I can sleep. I take over in the morning. The hard thing about this is I don't get to see him very much. I miss him. I know he misses me too. It's getting tough.

I'm sitting here in this dim lit room feeling pretty lonely. The tv is on for background noise. Ethan is sleeping peacifully beside of me. He's my only company right now. My sweet, sleeping baby. It's getting darker outside. Almost time for the shift change. I'll get to see my husband for just a small amount of time. It's like that movie "LadyHawke" with Michelle Pfeiffer. Two lovers seperated by night and day. Okay, so I'm getting tired and just babbling now.

Not that anyone will read my babbles. This is just something for me to do to keep from going nuts.

1 comment:

  1. I love you very much. It won't be like this forever, that I can promise you. It will get better. He seems to be sleeping a lot longer tonight, so maybe things are improving? Hopefully he'll sleep through the night soon. Wouldn't it be horrible if he ended up with his hours backwards and ended up sleeping through the DAY?

    ReplyDelete